Tuesday, 17 April 2018


THE TRAY

This task looked to be a cake walk to begin with. However, it was, by far, the worst and most difficult. With the first two task being completed on the first attempt, the tray needed three. I found problems at every turn, especially when it came to rounding out the corners. Originally, I had planned to have the radius of the corners of the tray at 15 mm. However, I ended with many creases in the corners and had to scrap the whole thing. Through the recommendation of my peers, I decided to enlarge the radii to 25 mm. This made the task much easier, although there were other problems that arose. I managed to reduce the amount of creases I had on the corners and decided I was complete. However, my group member and I had two trays that were too different from each other and I decided to start again. This time, I followed my previous steps but still came out with creases at the corners. I decided to hammer the creases to the tips of each corner, allowing me to cut them off easily with the shears. Overall, this task was the most challenging and the least enjoyable.





















No comments:

Post a Comment